Our Vision, Mission, Values, Aims & Objectives
A safe, thriving and welcoming place for everyone.
Middleport Matters helps develop our community as a sustainable place for all who live, work and visit.
- Engage in the economic, social and environmental regeneration of the Middleport area;
- Independent and aiming for self-sufficiency;
- Not for private profit;
- Community owned and led;
- Actively involved in partnerships between the community and the public and private sectors.
- To bring people together and improve a sense of belonging.
- To improve the health and well-being of local people.
- To improve the built and natural environment and enhance the local reputation.
- To support local businesses and encourage employment and enterprise.
- To own and manage community facilities and other assets.
- To actively engage a diverse programme of events and activities.
- To pursue a programme of crime reduction and neighbourhood safety.
- To support and develop high quality new building and the conservation of our local heritage.
- To support programmes that enhance the natural environment.
- To pursue the Middleport Neighbourhood Plan.
- To raise the profile of the area through events and positive stories.
- To raise awareness of the benefits of healthy lifestyles.
- To create and sustain spaces and opportunities for healthy living.
- To provide employment space.
- To provide income generation investment opportunities to the area.
- To pursue a programme to develop the skills and employability of local people.
- To carry out initiatives to support local businesses.