New Administrative Volunteer OpportunityArticle Written:
We have a new opportunity for volunteering within our team of passionate and dedicated people who are working hard to make a difference. The role will be assisting with administrative tasks that will help to keep the organisation running smoothly and help us to make a real difference in the community.
To volunteer in this role, you’d need to be at least 16 years of age.
This role will primarily be based at our Newcastle Street Hub and is flexible within the opening times of the hub, which are based on community need and planned activities.
- Become part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Meet people from all walks of life
- Improve your confidence and skills
- Develop your experience and enhance your CV
- Make a difference in the local area
- Gain an insight to working within a charitable organisation
Previous experience would be preferred, but not essential for the role. To volunteer in this role, applicants would need to be proficient in common Microsoft Office programs, such as Word and Excel, as well as databases.
- Assisting with administrative tasks relating to project start up and delivery
- Updating and maintaining accurate data records
- Performing checks of equipment and supplies
- Ensuring safety/hygiene logs are recorded and stored correctly
- Data entry
- Scanning, printing and photocopying documents
- Be friendly and well-presented
- Be reliable and enthusiastic
- Have a good team working attitude
- Have good organisational skills
- Be able to handle and manage data
If you require a paper form, pop into our community hub and ask for a volunteering application form or download a copy here to print at home.
You can take a look at our other volunteer opportunities here.